Friday, October 29, 2010

How to become a magazine model 101

I used to hate it when clients would bring me in a  magazine and say "I want to look like THAT." and show me a picture of some model.  Here's the truth folks, THE PICTURES ARE A LIE.  Do you know how much money is spent doctoring those pictures to make the models look like that?  Consider them cartoon characters, because they don't look like that in real life!  Necks are stretched, waists are whittled, legs are slimmed, all with the click of a mouse.  I remember a fitness photographer once telling me that photo shoots with those skinny 'fitness models' was so difficult because they would be falling down while trying to do lunges with 3 POUND dumbells!  What a joke!!!!  So what can you do to make yourself look more like that girl in the magazine?  It all comes down to genetics.  We are all predisposed to look a certain way.  You can fight it all you want by extreme dieting or excessive working out, but your body will fight back with slowing down your metabolism and creating a plateau.  So here's what you do, find a model that has your body type, then work hard on your weak spots and maximize your assets.  Example:  I have big shoulders and little to no waistline.. So I train my upper body hard, since increases there are easy for me, and it creates the look of a smaller waist by creating a V shaped torso.  Does that make sense?  What are your weaknesses?  What are your assets?  What can you do to maximize your assets and decrease your weak areas?  Start there, and you're on the fast track to a new, sexy you!

3 comments:

  1. In life you have to accept what you
    were given at birth. Make the best of it,live a clean and healthy life,
    and most of all, as you get older,
    enjoy your health first, you cannot
    go against nature when it comes to
    looks. Even the most beautiful
    women end up looking not so beautiful. Use your mind to be happy, be thankful for what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with that! However, Dany, I happen to know that you have remained beautiful no matter how many years have gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shannon, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete